Dear Spirit Song,
I am so incredibly sad to do this, but we have decided to cancel tonight’s rehearsal, out of an abundance of caution. We have a number of people who are sick with various maladies, coughs, colds, etc, who are unable to attend, and many others who simply need to be especially careful, are not able to attend, as they are more vulnerable.
In the past 24 hours I’ve learned more that has convinced me that it is better to be wise and cautious, and not gather (even though we love to do that!) We are so grateful to Sharon and St. Pascal’s for their willingness to host us, but sad that now we must decline.
The best way to slow the spread of this virus is to not gather in groups, so we are doing our part.
I would like to propose the following:
If some of our tech savvy members are up for helping me, I’d love to figure out a way to do some sort of virtual rehearsals, or some additional helps so we can . . . for starters, I’ll scan and send out the new piece we were going to start tonight, along with a recording. . . stand by for that. . .
Just as importantly, let’s pray for all for all who are sick, all caregivers, and those who are especially vulnerable. . .
Peace and Blessings and good health. .