Dear Spirit Song,
I hope this finds you well, as we continue to navigate these unchartered waters. . .
Thanks to all who were able to join us for last week’s rehearsal! It was wonderful to see you, and spend some time working on our music and spending time in prayer together. . .
This week we will rehearse on Tuesday, at 7:00 p.m., to keep Holy Thursday open. . .
If you did not receive the Zoom invite link, please reach out to me, and I will provide it;
I want to share with you some of the ways Spirit Song is supporting our community in these challenging times, as well as some opportunities, if you are looking for ways to help:
- Spirit Song is partnering with local businesswoman, and St. Therese Board member, Ann Tinucci Anderson, and a variety of community members, to provide Healing Hands Blessing Bags, which will include high quality hand lotion as well as a blessing card, to all 250 members of the St. Therese staff. St. Therese has been incredibly generous in giving us a place to call home, providing us a beautiful space in which to gather and rehearse since September, completely free of charge. Their “yes” literally made Spirit Song possible. We are grateful for the opportunity to offer a tangible blessing to these dedicated caregivers, who are pulling extraordinarily long hours, and whose hands are literally cracked and raw from so much handwashing, to care for all the needs of these very vulnerable residents. Please keep all of these folks, the residents, and the entire St. Therese community in your prayers.
- The Christian Cupboard Emergency Food Shelf has seen their numbers increase by a factor of 3 in the past weeks. Several of our members, including Winnie Williams and Jennifer Smith are regular volunteers, and they have shared how truly urgent the current need is, to help put food on the tables of so many local families. To donate go directly to their website: www.ccefs.org
- Singing with a Senior! This past week, our first 5 members spent time visiting and singing with some residents at Stonecrest, as a way to offer some companionship to residents who are isolated in their rooms, with no visitors. Interested in taking part? Just let me know !
- Sewing Masks: A number of our members have been busy sewing masks for Woodbury Estates, St. Therese and the Christian Cupboard. Both St. Therese and the Christian Cupboard are still in need of more!
- Singing at 6! Tune in to either or public or private facebook pages, at 6:00 each evening, to be a part of our Spirit Song community sing along, as we join out voices virtually to share some love and lift the spirit! Want to lead a song? Just let me know and we’ll get you on the schedule!
- Choir Buddies: Want to be paired up with another choir member, to check in and offer support and encouragement during this time of isolation? Just let me know!
- Pray without ceasing. . . prayer is powerful, and collective prayer, even more so. Members have begun posting prayer requests on our private facebook page, so we can pray together for the needs of our community and world. Both St. Therese and Stonecrest now have cases of Covid-19, despite strict lockdown practiced for weeks now, so the need is so very real. . .
Holding you all in prayer during this time. . . if you are in need of anything, please don’t hesitate to reach out. . . we are a community grounded in love. . . we are here for one another. . . You do not walk alone.
Peace and blessings,