Dear Spirit Song!
As I look out my window today, I’m struck by the simple beauty of gentle snow falling. . . I’m thankful for this gift, as winter seems to be getting old. . . Singing together, of course, is one of the best ways I can think of to beat the winter blahs, so I’m really looking forward to Thursday’s rehearsal! We just received another new piece: Caritas et Amor, by Z Randall Stroope. . . can’t wait to get started!
Here’s what’s going on this week and in the very near future. . please read the whole message!!!
- No Hymn Sing at Woodbury estates on Wednesday! Cancelled due to illnesses
Please keep these dear friends in your prayers!
- Saturday’s Choral Tune-up: room for 3 more! I sent details out to those who have signed up. Please let me know if you are attending and did not receive that information, or if you can come!
- Tuesday, February 4 we have a sing along at Woodbury Senior Living!
Sign up if you can make it!
- We are in great need of Tenors and basses for February 9 at King of Kings! Please sign up!
More of all voices welcome, but we are especially in need of tenors and basses. . .
- A number of Spirit Song members are performing in or involved in the production of Stars 5: Heroes and Villains, a collaboration between Aspire Music Academy and Open Door Community Theatre. Shows are at Hudson High School on February 14-16 and February 21-23.
To buy tickets, go to: http://bit.ly/Stars5Tickets
“This exciting new, family-friendly show presents the best of Broadway and popular music, featuring the greatest heroes and villains delivering every show-stopping number!
Proceeds benefit Coco’s Heart Dog Rescue and Aspire Music Academy Foundation.”
Let’s support our friends as they take the stage for a great cause!!!
- Winnie and Laurie are planning a Spirit Song Social!
Leap Day Spirit Song Social
Saturday, February 29, 6:30 pm
Home of Winnie and Jerry Williams
1450 Clippership Bay
Woodbury, MN 55125
“Join us for an informal time together, just to get to know one another better and be in community in these long but beautiful days of winter. We will have a few appetizer and beverage items to get us started. Please bring an appetizer, dessert, or beverage to contribute. Your spouse, partner, or close friend is encouraged to join you.” Questions? Speak with Winnie Williams (winniewms) or Laurie Mueller (laurie-mueller)
Have a great day! I hope to see you Thursday evening!
Peace and Blessings,