As a community committed to service we are especially aware of the deep needs of so many in our communities. This page is intended as a vehicle for our members to share about organizations and initiatives with which they are involved, inviting others to consider getting involved and supporting them financially, as well.
- Christian Cupboard Emergency Food Shelf serves our local area. They have seen the number of individuals seeking support quadruple in the midst of Covid19. They accept financial as well as food donations, and are a terrific local place to volunteer. Many Spirit Song members volunteer at CCEFS. Donations from Spirit Song’s first ever concert, and from our first virtual choir video, went to support CCEFS.
- Every Meal in Roseville fights child hunger through community and school partnerships. They had great partnerships in Minneapolis and St. Paul and were able to distribute quickly in the wake of the violence following the death of George Floyd. Sarah Lanners volunteers with them regularly.
- Gillette Children’s Hospital is collecting donations of toys and books for patients. Anna Reimann works at Gillette. They also have wish lists on Amazon and Target with some ideas.
- LakeView Hospice. Contact Lisa Cressy for more info.
- Olivia Is Made Strong MS Walk 2022 – David and Mary Kieffer’s 26 year old daughter has MS and it has become their focus for everyone to live in world free of MS. They do a walk each year and this year it is in Woodbury on May 7th. Please join in this effort by clicking on the website in the link to donate or join the team to walk!
- The Spread Sunshine Gang Michelle and DeAnne Sherman and Anna Reimann are all involved in this work.
- St Therese Penpals. Be a Pen Pal to a resident at St. Therese. Spirit Song member Reena Paul is leading this effort. You can sign up by emailing her. Click for the volunteer description. Click for information on remote volunteer orientation.
- Walking with a Purpose meets immediate needs of people who live outdoors without safe and secure housing, while working to radically transform the paradigm of chronic homelessness. Spirit Song Choir members have participated in supply drives for essential items, and helped serve food for special occasions.