As a community committed to service we are especially aware of the deep needs of so many during this time of pandemic, economic hardship and social unrest. This page is intended as a vehicle for our members to share about organizations and initiatives with which they are involved, inviting others to consider getting involved and supporting, as well.
- The Spread Sunshine Gang is currently gathering donations of new socks and undies for The Drawer The Drawer provides “warmth and dignity to those in need.” Michelle Sherman and Anna Reimann are both involved in this work. Donations can be dropped off at 6100 Hadley Ave. S. in Cottage Grove October 18-24.
- Gillette Children’s Hospital is collecting donations of toys and books for patients. Anna Reimann is collecting until the end of the month. Donations can be dropped off at 6100 Hadley Ave. S. in Cottage Grove October 18-24. They also have wish lists on Amazon and Target with some ideas.
- Christian Cupboard Emergency Food Shelf serves our local area. They have seen the number of individuals seeking support quadruple in the midst of Covid19. They accept financial as well as food donations, and are a terrific local place to volunteer. Many Spirit Song members volunteer at CCEFS, and Anna Reimann served as an Americorps volunteer there. Donations from Spirit Song’s first ever concert, and from our first virtual choir video, went to support CCEFS.
- Every Meal in Roseville fights child hunger through community and school partnerships. They had great partnerships in Minneapolis and St. Paul and were able to distribute quickly in the wake of the violence following the death of George Floyd. Sarah Lanners volunteers with them regularly.
- LakeView Hospice. Contact Lisa Cressy for more info.
- St Therese Penpals. Be a Pen Pal to a resident at St. Therese. Spirit Song member Reena Paul is leading this effort. You can sign up by emailing her. Click for the volunteer description. Click for information on remote volunteer orientation.
- Walking with a Purpose meets immediate needs of people who live outdoors without safe and secure housing, while working to radically transform the paradigm of chronic homelessness. Spirit Song Choir members have participated in supply drives for essential items, and helped serve food for special occasions.