Dear Spirit Song,
I hope you’ve been able to soak in some of the beauty of this glorious summer day. Amidst the “tumult and strife” of these days, amidst this time of global pandemic, amidst the news of a horrific human tragedy in Lebanon, the simple, yet profound gift of the beauty of a summer day is so very grounding—as is the gift of community, especially this community that prays, sings and serves together. We do not walk alone. . . our loving and gracious God walks alongside us, carries us when necessary, and gives us each other. . .
As we bring this first year of Spirit Song to a close, here are some details you’ll want to know:
- Recording project: Our world needs the powerful message of “Be Not Afraid”, so if you haven’t yet recorded and submitted your part, please do that as soon as possible. . . We need to have all of them submitted by August 13! If you have questions or concerns about any aspect of the music or the recording process, know that help is available! If you need any vocal or musical help, reach out to me: mary
If you need any recording help—reach out to Corey: corey
Remember, each one’s contribution is like a tile in a mosaic. . . separately they are incomplete. . together, they create a thing of incredible beauty! Remember to sing from your heart. . . and Don’t forget to clap!!! The claps are really, really important!
- Music Turn in: We will be collecting sheet music from August 15-22. If you need to mail it in,
please send it to: Spirit Song Choir, 6100 Hadley Ave. S, Cottage Grove, MN 55016
(more details on this next week. . . ); If you are out of town that week, please know you can drop it off or mail it before that time, as well.
- We hope everyone will be able to join us for our Evening Prayer of Gratitude on Thursday, August 13, at 7:00 p.m. We have much to be grateful for in this group. . . a year ago the idea had not even been articulated. . . look what can happen in a years time! Wow.
- Tree photos: we need your help as we prepare for evening prayer. . . many people have a special fondness for, or special memories of a certain tree. . if you have any photos of yourself with a special tree, (the one you climbed as a child, a giant one you marveled at on your travels, one that was felled by a storm . . . ) please send a digital image of it to pam, by Monday, August 10.
- We will begin Year 2 of Spirit Song on Thursday, September 17 at 7:00 p.m., via zoom. . .
If you know of anyone who would like to join us, this would be a great time to do so! Please encourage them to check us out, at www.spiritsongchoir.org All Are Welcome. Truly.
I think I covered all the details I was supposed to today! That’s a lot in one message. Thanks for taking the time to read it. . .and do the things!
Peace and Blessings,